It’s February, and to say that summer is around the corner would be a bit of a stretch. Cherries aren’t exactly in season, but that doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy the frozen kind while we wait, right? Combine them with apples, açai puree, coconut milk and some warm spices to create this super fruity smoothie bowl, and don’t forget to decorate with all your favorite toppings!
- 1 serving Vanilla Vega® Essentials
- or French Vanilla Vega One™ Nutritional Shake
- or Vanilla Vega® Protein & Greens
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk beverage
- 1 frozen unsweetened açai pack
- 1/2 apple, chopped (I prefer a slightly tart variety, such as Pink Lady)
- 1/2 cup frozen pitted cherries
- 1/2 piece peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 6 ice cubes
- Garnishes: apple slices, pepitas and chopped almonds
- Add all ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Adjust the consistency with an extra dash of coconut milk (to thin) or ice (to thicken) if needed.
- Pour into a bowl and top with your choice of garnishes. Serve with a spoon.
If you want to sneak extra veggies into this recipe, toss in a handful of your favorite greens. This might darken the color slightly, but you probably won’t even notice the taste.